The Cute But Impulsive Laptop Buyer: Goodbye 35K, Hello Acer

First off, I won’t be discussing the psychology of buying here although that would be fun based on personal buying experiences and observations. However, I would like to open up a bit and tell everyone that I’m most of the time an impulsive buyer – someone who won’t have second thoughts especially when buying the following item:

Me and My New Notebook

Me and My New Notebook

Meet my new Acer TravelMate 6292! My 3rd laptop purchase in 7 months. What da pak is wrong with me? Oh well, that’s called impulsiveness. You can read the Acer TravelMate 6292 Features and Technical Specifications via the link given. My other tech site will also publish an Acer TravelMate 6292 Review very soon (most likely after the man in the photo regains his clarity of thought after realizing he’s PhP35K poorer as of this writing). The unit cost of this notebook is only PhP33.9K plus other items amounting to a total of 35K.

Why did I get this one in the first place? I simply got tired of using the Acer Aspire One 8GB SSD unit I got in December (2008). The Lenovo G410 (September 2008), Compaq CQ 50 139WM (December 2008) and ECS 400 (sometime in 2004) notebooks are still in good condition and being used by my team of geeks who practically sleep, breathe, eat and poop with electronic gadgets in mind. The two desktop computers in my sala are also collecting a huge amount of dust everyday and they’re being damaged by rust and lack of maintenance. And that’s all because of my impulsive nature as a buyer.

Lastly, I’m not really sure if a lot of readers will agree with my title because I certainly am an impulsive buyer, but definitely will not be considered cute by many. lol!

Related Posts:

8 Comments on “The Cute But Impulsive Laptop Buyer: Goodbye 35K, Hello Acer”

1. Pwede po bang magpa link exchange? nailink ko na po kau sa blog ko.

thanks po.

Jerick Mac’s last blog post..Rickspot.com Says Hello World!

jessie reply on April 12th, 2009:

Ok,

I’ll add your link a little later. Check back to see it in my blogroll. :-)

jessie’s last blog post..Anticipating the Solar Eclipse 2009 in July

2. hala ka kuya!!!! yaman na ikaw talaga…dami mo na laptop..ako hindi na ako nakapagpalit….ganon na lang siya talaga…

jessie reply on April 12th, 2009:

RJ,

Hindi ka pa ba nag-upgrade? Hayaan mo, mas marami ka namang datung kesa sa kin. Mas maganda pa dyan ang mabibili mo. Hehehe!

Btw, we’ll be in Baguio tomorrow whole day. My wife will apply for her license at the PRC regional office there.

jessie’s last blog post..Shugo Chara Episode 78 Online | Watch Shugo Chara Episode 78 Part 3/3 Free Video

3. Sira ka talaga, Jess! Di naman talaga cute kung ganyan ang pose mo sa camera, hahaa! Pamigay mo kaya yang iba mong laptop diyan, di ko talaga hihindian. :-)

Marlene’s last blog post..Church of La Madeleine

jessie reply on April 12th, 2009:

Mhy,

Hahaha! Sabi nga ng misis ko mukha daw akong “Special Child” sa photo ko. BWAHAHAHAHA! About the laptop, sige, wait for one month at magsasawa na naman ako dyan. :-) :-)

4. Master, pamigay mo na ibang computer mo…kaysa naaalikabukan lang hehehehe….

bing’s last blog post..Jump for Joy!

jessie reply on April 24th, 2009:

Bing,

Oo nga no? sige sa Christmas mamimigay ako ng laptop. Hehehe!

jessie’s last blog post..American Idol Double Elimination Night | American Idol April 22, 2009 Results Show

(Website is Optional)